May 2, 2012

Does Anyone Remember The Original AVENGERS?



I keep seeing headlines and links to THE AVENGERS everywhere, referring to the new Marvel comics movie due out this Friday.  However, whenever I see these references to THE AVENGERS I think of something other than superheroes.  I recall the stylish Diana Rigg and Patrick Macknee wearing his smart black hat.  When I was a kid the British TV show THE AVENGERS was in syndication and always on in the afternoons or the weekends.  I don't really recall what it was about; something regarding spies maybe?  But I will never forget the sexy and stylish opening sequence and the awesome Bond-like theme song.  Oh yes....and Diana Rigg in that black vinyl jumpsuit.  Whoa.  Below is the later opening for show in glorious color which is also pretty cool looking too.

No comments:

Post a Comment