January 11, 2012

The Gay Geeks of New York Trivia Challenge

I have been a contributor to NEXT magazine's nightlife blog, The Nexus, for a little over a year now. In that time, I've covered many club nights, benefits, and openings.  But I have to say, my assignment last Sunday was one of the most unique and fun events I've covered so far.

I went to check out the Gay Geeks of New York monthly meetup at the LGBT Center on 13th Street for a trivia game they were playing.  Out of 40-some questions, I knew the answers to only about five of them.  But I had a blast!  And the team that I was on, fortunately packed with some staffers for the organization, actually won the whole challenge so I got to take home a nice boxed set of one of my favorite TV shows, HEROES (Season 1, of course).

Anyway, here's a link to my post on The Nexus for the full story.  I think I'll be returning for that Pictionary night as my drawing skills are much better than my comix knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment